POLY has three types of ESL programs, and each program has six (6) ESL levels followed by TOEFL Prep courses. The Semi-Intensive Program only offers the core courses, which focus on the Listening/Speaking and Reading/Writing skills. In the Intensive Program, grammar courses are added to the core courses for deeper knowledge of English grammar structure. In the Intensive Plus Program, elective courses are added to the Intensive Program. The elective courses focus on pronunciation, idioms, and introduction to the TOEFL iBT. By taking electives, students will have a deeper understanding of English sound, expand their idioms, and be better prepared for the TOEFL Prep courses. The series of courses offered are as follows:
- Listening/Speaking courses where students learn to develop and sharpen their listening and speaking skills;
- Reading/Writing courses where students develop and sharpen their reading comprehension and writing skills;
- Grammar courses where students focus on the structure of English;
- Elective courses where the focus is on American pronunciation, American idioms or introduction to TOEFL iBT;
- TOEFL iBT Test Preparation courses where students study all skills of English language and test taking strategies.